We are looking for an experienced engineer to lead the efforts to build the new generation ML platform at Udemy. The current platform is composed of batch (e.g., feature and machine learning pipelines), streaming (i.e., feature computation in real-time), and online (i.e., microservices to serve previously computed results, execution of ML models in real-time) components. And this platform is actively used by multiple teams to empower different parts of the product and various internal operations. In this role, you will design, build, and operate scalable systems, platforms, and tools to enable the development and productionization of ML products. You will work in a wide technical stack, including both data-related technologies and backend development, in coordination with a large cross-functional team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, and software developers. Success in this role will require a combination of experience in MLOps, technical excellence, a product-minded approach for the platform’s development, and data-informed decision making for operating the platform. We are passionate about moving fast, learning, making an impact, and quality. We are willing to take on new technical challenges. We are interested in building a diverse, collaborative, and fun environment. Come help us improve lives through learning!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Partner with the teams, data scientists, machine learning engineers, and software engineers to define Udemy’s new generation ML platform.
- Execute the development of the new generation platform.
- Operate a robust, scalable, and highly available platform with SLO/SLAs.
- Maintain high-quality standards, effective team processes, and engineering best practices.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and mentorship for team members.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 7+ years of full-time experience working in software development, data engineering, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of machine learning lifecycle and MLOps
- Experience with the design, development, and operational maintenance of large-scale platforms and services
- Proficiency in Python, Java, Kotlin, or Scala
- Good understanding of parallel and distributed computing
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Experience with software development best practices and agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly
Great if you have but not required:
- Experience with big data storage and processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Experience with Kafka, Redis, and Cassandra
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round Udemy’s Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S. Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Apply Now at Mustakbil.com
This job was originally posted on Mustakbil.com