Udemy is looking for an experienced data scientist to join our Marketing Personalization Algorithms team. The team is focused on using machine learning approaches to drive a highly personalized user experience on Udemy, such as tailoring the content, channel, time, and frequency of each communication or offering personalized promotions for each learner to drive retention and engagement. We have a cross-functional agile team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers, and product managers to build these complex personalization products. The team is responsible for both data science solutions and their implementation at scale.
As an experienced data scientist in this cross-functional team, you will be expected to lead the data science part of our marketing personalization efforts. You will partner with product managers, marketing experts, data scientists, and engineers to build algorithmic and model-driven solutions at scale to provide a better marketing experience. Success in this role requires a combination of domain knowledge, product intuition, strong machine learning knowledge including hands-on experience in multiple methods, data analysis and leadership skills.
We are passionate about moving fast, learning, making an impact, and quality. We are willing to take on new technical challenges. We are interested in building a diverse, collaborative, and fun environment. Come help us improve lives through learning!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with product managers, marketing experts, data scientists, and engineers to scope and build data products with a focus on personalization
- Perform statistical analysis, feature engineering, and model development for ML-based data products
- Develop production-grade applications at scale
- Design and analyze experiments to measure the performance of data products in offline and online settings.
- Proactively influence product prioritization through data-driven insights
- Lead complex cross-organizational initiatives
- Maintain high-quality standards, effective team processes, and best practices.
- Provide technical mentorship for other team members
- Build Udemy’s technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 7+ years of hands-on data science experience building complex data products
- Strong knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and reinforcement learning
- Proficiency with SQL and 1+ programming languages (e.g., Python)
- Experience with the design and development of large-scale machine learning applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly
Great if you have but not required:
- Experience using big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark)
- Familiarity with software development practices
About Udemy We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round Udemy’s Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S. Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Apply Now at Mustakbil.com
This job was originally posted on Mustakbil.com