At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in actiongiving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we growwhether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The TeamThe mission of the Data team at Confluent is to serve as the central nervous system of all things data for the company: we build analytics infrastructures, metrics, insights, and models, to empower data-driven thinking, and optimize every part of the business. There are limitless opportunities for an ambitious data scientist to make an immediate and meaningful impact within a hyper growth start-up.
About The Rolenbsp;As a thought partner to our engineering and product team, you will work closely with product managers, engineers, and finance to design analytics, and attribution for cost, pricing, operations and margins of the fastest growing growing part of the business: Confluent Cloud. You will have an opportunity to work with infrastructure, billing and telemetry data of thousands of clusters across all major cloud providers. You will also have the opportunity to interact with Executives and other cross functional teams to develop and deliver actionable recommendations to drive better and faster decisions. Successful candidates will exhibit technical acumen and business savvy, with a passion for making an impact, through creative storytelling and timely actions. Responsibilities
What We're Looking For
- Partner with Engineering to define cost models for different product architectures
- Design instrumentation and build data foundations for estimating costs from the cost models using infrastructure and billing data
- Define product success metrics, build/maintain dashboards to monitor the health of our products and understand changes to our KPIsDesign monitoring for KPIs and leading indicators
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities for improving margins by mining massive amounts of data and extracting useful product insightsDeveloping forecasts for long term cost commitments
- Collaborate with other data scientists across our organization to share best practices, learn new analytical techniques, and champion an organizational culture where data is central to decision making
What Gives You An Edge
- Bachelor or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- 1+ years of experience in data science and analyticsExcellent data manipulation skills, proficiency in SQL and Python.nbsp;Experience visualizing data and building dashboards. (eg. Tableau, Metabase, Looker, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to translate business requirements into analytical questions
- A team player who can collaborate with engineers, product managers, marketers and other cross-functional teams
- Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to cross-functional partners; ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences, including executives
Come As You Are
- Experience and/or knowledge in experimental design and applied statistics (i.e. A/B testing) in an industry setting
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with developing operational or cost analyticsExperience in a engineering-focused role at a technology companyExperience identifying, scoping and driving data science projects with cross-functional partners and high business impact
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review ournbsp;California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Apply Now at Mustakbil.com
This job was originally posted on Mustakbil.com